Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I'm Back!

After a hectic 3 months, I'm back. You know what they say about bad things happening in three's - well, I should say that, for me, bad things had happened in the last three months. But despite the bad things, there were some silver linings. My Lenovo S10-2 netbook kept running despite being carried to weird places (for an example, a gravesite) and I'm very pleased with it.

Battery life on my S10-2 averaged between 5 to 6 hours depending on usage - if I switch off the wireless and bluethooth totally I think I could get more life but I have not tried this out yet. I wonder whether a higher capacity battery (eg a 9-cell one) is available for the S10-2.

I am now playing with the just-announced Ubuntu 9.10 Netbook Remix on the S10-2 - there are some strange issues here which I will elaborate further in another blog. I am also trying to "borrow" a Windows 7 Home Premium from a cousin of mine to try out on the S10-2. Much has been hyped by Microsoft and its tame press about its ability to perform well on netbook - I guess the best way to confirm that is by actually installing and using it on my S10-2. More about this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment